YURTAKE

7.24.2013

Creativity on a Dime

We're on a budget. We're on a deadline. Creativity needs to kick in about NOW!
This is where I excel. Under pressure, counting the minutes. Bring it on! Colors: dark purple, gold and ivory. 

Hobby Lobby. First trip and probably not the best place to explore when watching the clock. We find the candle glassware.
Nice surprise of 50% off the $1.00 price tag. We start loading two dozen into the cart. We find an pack of ivory colored non scented candles an stock up. Next I'm thinking shimmer, shine! I find some fine gold glitter and pick up some spray adhesive. Next I make my way to the floral department. Again find some vases 50% off their $3.00 price tag. I pick up some gold glass stones to fill the bottom half. 

Off for florals. I decide to check out stop and shop .. i figure this would help the budget rather than a private florist. I see they have some light purple 'blue moon' spray roses. I also notice that they are very open. Pretty much on their last couple days. I use this to my advantage. Since Im buying the remaining packages of what they will throw away in a day, I inquire if I can receive a discount. Absolutely can, 50% at that. 


Spray small candle jars with adhesive spray on the outside only. Roll in gold glitter. Dry. Place inside and watch the shimmer! 


Clean off tall vases. Drop a few stones into the vase. Place one-two stems per vase. I cleaned the stems and left a leaf or two. I also trimmed them down considerably. Once in the vase I dropped in a couple more stones. Waaalaaa! Three candles, one vase and you have your simple, yet chic centerpiece for an informal event. 


Excited to share where my creativity will take me next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment