1 lb ground beef or turkey
1/2 can whole kernel corn (drained)
1/2 can cut green beans (drained)
1 can beef gravy
1 box Betty Crocker Roasted Garlic Instant Mashed Potatoes. (one box has two packets--i used one packet of potatoes-- i could have definitely used both for more mashed on top!)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon Parmesan grated cheese
1 8x8 baking pan
Spices to have on hand: Chili Powder, All Purpose Seasoning, Salt & Pepper
1. Brown meat in large skillet - sprinkle seasoning -- used whats listed above.
2. Meanwhile prepare mashed potatoes as directed on package. I prefer using instant mashed potatoes to save time and energy. I love the real thing but on my time schedule its just not practical. You can also use the Idaho Instant Mashed potatoes-- these come in all different flavor variety's and only require water for mixing.
3. Heat oven to 375. Drain meat and rinse pan of excess grease. Return meat to pan and mix in corn, green beans and gravy. Mix well then spoon into an 8x8 baking pan.
4. Top with mashed potatoes.
5. Sprinkle on both cheeses. Then bake for 20-25 minutes.
I have also made this with 1 package of mixed frozen vegetables. If using this make sure to thaw and drain the vegetables before mixing with gravy.
Viola! Easy and fast Shepard's Pie. Serve with bread/crackers/side salad.. or even by itself is scrumptious!