YURTAKE

8.30.2012

Raving Chicken Rollatini's

I promised I would. So here you are; a delicious and easy recipe. Perfect for a weekday dinner or even for a crowd. I will surely be making these when football kicks off! I often make apps/dinners on Sundays in the Fall. Not only does this draw in more football lovers and their appetites but allows me to experiment and warm our house with the delicious smells of cooking. 

Originally I found the recipe at AllRecipes.com  Of course though I twisted it. I read so many reviews on this recipe that if I followed it exact you couldn't go wrong. So with this being my first attempt I strayed ever so slightly from the original. 


Ingredients

  • -1lb Chicken breast. Sliced thinly to 5-6" strips. 
  • -1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (I chose a better brand cheese) 
  • -4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
  • -1/4lb sliced deli mozzarella cheese
  • -1/3 cup MGB's Grandfathers homemade wine (a blush, Zinfandel like wine. Original recipe calls for white wine)
  • -1/4 cup olive oil
    • -Crushed garlic (less than half a teaspoon for each roll)
    • -Butter (half a teaspoon for each roll)
  • -Black pepper
  • -All purpose seasoning
  • -Toothpicks


Instructions
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. 

2. Start by preparing chicken. From one breast (about 1lb) I was able to get about 14 strips. Sprinkle chicken (both sides) with black pepper and all purpose. Then take Parmesan cheese and coat each side of the chicken strips generously. 

3. Next make sure you have mozzarella slices and prosciutto slices in similar sized strips as the chicken.

4. Have your garlic and butter ready. Before layering the mozzarella and prosciutto add a small dab of garlic and butter to the center of each chicken strip. Next layer the cheese and prosciutto. Roll and stick them with a toothpick to hold in place. 

5. Once this is complete I placed them in a frying pan. I added a drizzle of olive oil and cooked on medium heat for about 5 min. This browned them slightly before putting them in the oven. 

6. Have a baking dish (approx. 9" x 13") handy. Add the wine and olive oil to the dish. Stir. 

7. Once the chicken rolls have browned (slightly) add them to the baking dish. Place so that they do not touch and are equally spaced apart. 

8. Take remaining prosciutto and layer a small piece on top of each roll. I then took extra Parmesan cheese and sprinkled over each roll. 

9. Cover and cook 25-30min. Remove cover and cook an additional 10 min. 





WALLAH! I paired these with sauteed asparagus and a side salad. It was the perfect amount of rolls for two people. They were absolutely scrumptious. I was even complimented with the phrase 'these are restaurant worthy'... wow! Who thought that this dinner experiment would create such a buzz!! 

Cannot wait for the next dish to be stirred up.. and don't worry I will keep you in the kitchen! 

{xoxoxoxox}


No comments:

Post a Comment